Continuum of Care, Inc.’s mission is to enable people who are challenged with mental illness, intellectual disabilities, addiction, or homelessness to rebuild a meaningful life and thrive in the community.
Housing Resource Coordination Program
Housing Placement, Loans, and Bridge Subsidy Grants
Staff search throughout Greater New Haven to locate housing and administer rental subsidy loans and rental supplemental grants for individuals with mental health needs who can live independently. Continuum acts as a liaison between urban landlords and individuals in need of housing assistance by qualifying tenants for occupancy, underwriting and granting their requests for rental assistance, providing bridge subsidy and security deposit loans, and monitoring their tenancies.
- Monthly contact with clients
- Ongoing development of housing resources
- Positive working relationships with area landlords
- Access to furniture and houseware donations
- Timely response to service applications