Continuum of Care, Inc.’s mission is to enable people who are challenged with mental illness, intellectual disabilities, addiction, or homelessness to rebuild a meaningful life and thrive in the community.
Crisis Stabilization & Respite Services
"I would like to thank the staff at Continuum for helping me through a very tough time in my life." - Darryl
A collaborative effort with local clinical providers, Continuum's Crisis Services programs offer respite beds with outpatient clinical care and day services as a short-term alternative to psychiatric inpatient care. We provide crisis intervention and other support services for adults suffering from mental illness, substance abuse and other related issues. This short stay in a comfortable, secure home-like environment away from their usual residence allows individuals to reflect and problem-solve around issues that may be causing them stress. The goals are to reduce the stigma of social disruption often associated with hospitalization, encourage self-sufficiency and independent living, and to promote successful reintegration into the community.
- 24-hour care and intensive case management
- Private home in a family neighborhood
- 24/7 access to a licensed registered nurse
- Daily recovery support, psychoeducational and recreational groups
- Peer support
- Linkages to longer-term housing and community supports
- Linkages to ongoing therapies and services to help clients break the cycle of homelessness and enable them to truly rebuild and thrive